Friday, October 30, 2009

Here I sit in my living room with my laptop watching the Today Show and decided to update my blog. I have been at work for 7 days straight and am beginning another week off. I love this schedule.
I have been dieting for 11 days now and have managed to stay within my calorie goals almost every day; but while working this week, I have not made enough efforts to work out like I should. This week contained some long days and I found plenty of excuses. I tried to work out in the mornings but the one day I did that I only made it 15 minutes, I was so weak and sluggish every move seemed like a chore. I could blame my facebook addiction, but if it weren't that, I'd find another excuse. I just hate exercise. I don't mind it so bad while I'm doing it, it's the getting started part that's hard. I did make it one time in the evening and did 40 minutes of weight loss yoga, and that felt great. The last week before I went back to work, I made it to a class at the gym and Patty, the awesome instructor, was kind enough to stay and do the workout even though I was the only one who showed up. In my heart I was hoping she would just cancel it and I could get on the treadmill, but NO! It was a step aerobics class and she wore me out - even though I spent half the time marching in place. She did cut it short, THANK GOODNESS, but I still had a great workout and my calves were sore for days.
I am trying to put together a hiking club of sorts. Most of the clubs that are out there are hard core hikers who go every weekend and backpack and I just don't feel like I'd be up to their standards. I am recruiting some facebook friends and acquaintances to join me on an occasional hike, which will likely involve a picnic, so not sure how much weight loss will occur as a result of these hikes, but building friendships and fellowship will surely be worth it. Our first one is planned for Tuesday to Clingman's Dome and I think Selina mentioned the Chimneys. Sounds like a good day to me, and I hope you can join us.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
p.s. please check out the blogs I am following on the left side of the page. The first one at the top is a cousin of my friend, Vivian. He is in the army in Afghanistan and his blog is much more interesting than mine...

4 comments:

Jeanine said...

Oh, Kim you make me feel guilty! It’s been tooooooo long since I have blogged. It's been toooooo long since I dieted. And I don’t even remember the last time I exercised.

So, maybe today I will start. Well, not the exercise stuff. And I'd diet if there wasn't a half a cheese cake in the frig. Hum... maybe tonight I will blog!

If you plan one of those mini hikes (with picnic lunch) in GA I might just take you up on that :-)

Jeanine

KimberFNP said...

Georgia sounds like a great place to go for a hike. How far is the drive?

Jeanine said...

From there, it's about 8 hours to where I live. But I am in the flat-lands of SW GA (35 miles north of Tallahassee, FL). But North GA is beautiful and about 3-4 hours from you. I did the Brass Town Bald hike with my boys when they were teens. It's seemed like a couple of miles straight up. But the down was worse for the old legs! It's Near Young Harris, GA.

I guess blogging will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm tired and want to go to bed too much to want to write.

Jeanine

Selina said...

wow I feel famous since you mentioned me in your blog :). I am looking forward to the hike, for the exercise as much as for the fellowship.