Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Words...

 photo borrowed from google images...could not find copyright info (sorry but too cute to leave there)


We all know I'm not great with words. I do a little better in print than I do with speaking. But I hope when people think of me, they can remember something nice. A smile, a kind word, or a good deed. I know, I know...I'm not a great motivator, I'm not a "hugger," (sorry Edie), but I strive to be kind to people. If you know me, you know that's a stretch because I can be pretty harsh and sarcastic, and humor often flows out of me at the most inconvenient times. Somewhere in there, though, there's a benevolent bone in my body, that acts up occasionally and something nice comes out.

Which brings me to the story behind this blog post. My mom is a mail carrier in a small town (aka job that's even harder than raising a goober like me).  On her route, there's a man who is in the hospital fighting for his life. She knows his name (only because it's printed on the mail, duh), and she knows where he lives and that's about all she knows about him. BUT she knows he's kind. He's friendly. Stops to speak and ask her about the weather often when she goes by. She is sending word to him that the weather's clearing up, going to be nice for a few days. Sorry to hear he's "under the weather," and hoping the sun shines for him soon.
We really never know what we mean to others. I may be the only person to speak to someone in an entire day or to listen (REALLY LISTEN) to their concerns. May we all stop and take the time to spread some chear.

1 comment:

patty said...

i so agree!
{and that's an adorable shot-and perfect for your post!}
i love when folks do random nice things for others...