Monday, February 7, 2011

Meet Me on Monday!

Linking up from Never Growing Old for "Meet Me on Monday," so happy you could join me here on my first day off of seven. What better way to start than by making a few new online friends? Join me.

1. Did you watch the Superbowl?

"Watch" would not be a word I would use. The game was playing in the same room, on a big screen TV, while I reclined on the couch by the fireplace surrounded by the comforts of home, my laptop, my iPhone, and my Kindle. My mind unable to concentrate on either one, for the possiblity of what I might be missing on the other two at any given moment. I am so addicted to social media that I am feeling disconnected from the "real world." (My husband and I talk to each other on Facebook and entertain the masses with our banter back and forth).

2. What is the last book that you read? I read "The Book Thief." A friend recommended this, and I read the sample on my Kindle and thought I didn't want to pay for something so dark and depressing. Then I couldn't stop wondering what happened to the main characters in this book narrated by "DEATH." As Death carried a child away from his family, with the sister watching and being the main character of the story, I was haunted with wondering what happens next. I give this book 4.5 stars.

3. What is your favorite kind of cake? No question - German Chocolate Upside Down Cake .

(Can someone please tell me if I can steal images from Google without getting busted? This would be a great spot for a photo).

4. Do you snore? No, but I carry on interesting conversations with myself and others in my sleep (or so they say). My husband does enough snoring for both of us, so much that I have my own room to escape to when it gets too bad.

5. Do you play an instrument? I play the piano, but only gospel music. My piano teacher taught me to play out of the "Red Book," also known as the Hymnal. Any good Southern Appalachian will know the one I'm referring to. I can play by ear, but not very well. I have taught myself a few basic chords and notes on the mandolin as well. I get discouraged because I can't play well enough to perform for others, so I quit. I'm a quitter at most things I do if I can't do them really well. Probably should quit blogging, too, huh? Just kidding.

8 comments:

jennifer @ what would jen do said...

as per your #1, i am the same way, too connected to social media and my laptop. sometimes i just have to close it and walk away.

stopping by from MMOM.

EmptyNester said...

My hubby snores enough for our entire town! LOL

Kim said...

Hi, EmptyNester, I tried to comment on your page but couldn't find a link. Jennifer, I did that this morning when I went to the bathroom. LOL

Renegades said...

I wish I played the piano.

Rumtruffle said...

I get all my images from google as do lots of others, I think so long as you don't change them or claim them for yourself I think this is ok.
Helen x
PS If you have a few minutes please pop by an say hello.

kimert said...

Stopping by from MMM. I said I watched the game but I guess I really just glanced up from the computer (hello blogs and facebook!!!) for the big plays! lol BUt I do love football!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

If you use someone else's photo, you may get busted. :( But you can always attribute the photo with a link to the site, that might help. :D

I'm your latest Google Follower, by the way. Nice to meet you. :D

I played, too! :D Sorry I'm late. :( Been a crazy week.

Rebecca at http://freakyfrugalite.com

patty said...

my mom used to make the most amazing GCUDCake! haven't had it in years... and um, no quitting allowed. just sayin'. ;)