Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday Morning Easy Listening

While strolling through a cute little store in Market Square (Knoxville, TN), I kept finding myself humming all the tunes that were playing overhead. At the back of the store was a CD player (AKA "Boombox") with a handwritten note saying "any music you hear in our store can be purchased, just ask," so I did.



This little gem came home with me. I've listened to some of Rita's music before, and really just love her voice. Now that I'm home, I see they really marked up the CD in the store. I could have saved six bucks with Amazon Prime. Oh, well, consider it my contribution to keep cute little stores like this in business so that we will have somewhere to go for President's Day each year.

Now that I'm writing this post, I have discovered she is married to this guy. Who knew? I guess I did, but had forgotten. No wonder she looked so familiar. She's better known as an actress, apparently, by those who watch TV and movies, but not by those of us who spend all our time reading on Facebook, Twitter, Kindle and blogs.


If you are my Facebook friend, you already know about our lunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe. Delicious. Highly recommended.

2 comments:

patty said...

you look adorable. :)
i've heard great things about that place. personally, i love any restaurant down there on the square. such a great place to visit.
xo

Candace said...

I didn't know she was a singer. Love that song. It was so nice to see your name in my inbox today. Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hello. I hope you are doing well!! Love your photo!