Sunday, November 1, 2009

Guilt Free Do Nothing Days...

So thankful for do-nothing days. Spending time at home with Jay (and sometimes Zak), sitting in the sun surrounded by the beautiful fall colors of leaves - literally falling on my head and on my porch - that I need to sweep. Inside, I'm chillin' in my recliner, surrounded by all the nice dust bunnies that I need to remove...oh well. I am resolved to do nothing, just this one day.
Our lives are so full of activity, and I spent the first 17 years of our marriage working 3 or 4 jobs, attending school and trying to be a mom and wife, never mind all the activities of school, church and finding time for friends and family. Maybe that's why I am so attached to my down-time now.

Finally, for once in my life, I am finding time to be me, instead of planning for who I want to be. Of course I want to be a better wife, a better mom, a better daughter, sister, friend and nurse practitioner - that's a given. Most of all, I should try to be a better Christian and the rest would take care of itself.

No comments: