Monday, January 11, 2010

Blogging as Therapy...

I have discovered the blogging world and it's almost as addicting as Facebook. I don't know when I'll have time to do any housework, there's so much to read. LOL

I have several blogs I'm following, some are funny, some are pretty, and some are unfortunately very sad. Many people are using blogging as a way to share their experiences and thoughts with others and I think it's wonderful. Writing is therapeutic because you can erase things you didn't mean to say and "perfect" the sentence before you put it out there for others to see, while promoting thoughts and conversations - and friendships.

I must say it's not all fun and games. A couple of the blogs I'm following are very sobering, "Here and Far," and "Riding the Throat Cancer Road." One of them is a relative of a friend who is writing from Afghanistan ; the other is an acquaintance/now friend who is going through treatments for throat cancer. Each time I read these blogs, I am reminded of how precious life is and how thankful I am for what I have. We never know what God has in  store for us, but it's how we go about enduring it that people will remember.

Please take time to read some of these blogs when you get time.

No comments: